With all of the depressing news about the economy, unemployment, earthquakes, etc., it seems like the 2010 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament is coming along at the perfect time. The Tournament provides a much-needed distraction. Yes, we know the stats about wasted time, lost productivity, yada yada. The moral boost (this year’s should be greater than others) that we receive by participating in the practice of Bracketology should not be discounted. Either way, everyone should just have fun once in a while.
That said, we renew our open invitation to enter your picks on Gontram Architecture’s Annual NCAA Basketball Pool. Gontram Architecture’s version of the traditional office pool is unique:
- Our Pool is FREE – no money, no trouble with the authorities.
- It’s open to (almost) anyone. (We don’t encourage folks under 18 yrs old to play, but we don’t object either.)
- We have great prizes from great sponsors:
- Apple iPad from Engineered Construction Company
- Amazon Kindle from Atlantec Engineers
- Apple iPod Nano (v1) from Enthalpy Analytical
- Apple iPod Shuffle from Gontram Architecture and G5 Design-Build
- NCAA Flags from WindDesigns – The Flag Shop.
- T-shirts from Gontram Architecture
- Horse’s Butt trophy for Last Place
It doesn’t even matter if you know anything about college basketball – trust me, it doesn’t. In fact, an average amount of knowledge seems to be a hinderance as I have not even SNIFFED a prize position in the history of the Pool.
So, log on between 8:00 pm, Sunday March 14th (Selection Sunday) and 11:00 am, Thursday, March 18th and make your picks. And, you too, can become a little less productive for the next few weeks.
One entry per person, please.