Interior work is starting to heat up at the Sigma Nu Fraternity House project at North Carolina State University in Raleigh, NC. There is a tremendous amount of utility rough-in involved, including:
- Fire Protection (sprinkler) pipe
- Hot and Cold Water process piping for the HVAC system
- Hot and Cold domestic water piping
- Ductwork (Supply, Return and Exhaust)
- Electrical and Fire Alarm conduit
All of this has to fit in a fairly confined space above ceiling. That has proven a bit of a headache. However, some areas have been signed off to allow some sheetrock to be installed on the underside of the fire-rated floor-ceiling assembly.
Once the walls are signed off (next week, hopefully), we should start seeing some gypsum board on the walls. In the meantime, still lots to do.
Completion date is tentatively scheduled for mid-December of 2013.
For more information on the project, please check out our Website.