The “Round of 32” is complete and Gontram Architecture’s 17th Annual NCAA Basketball Pool continues to roll along. My bracket is completely toast, so my rooting interest is firmly entrenched with the underdog, whoever that is.
Currently, Sean Icenhour (Phoenix, AZ) leads the way in 1st Place. Logan Culbreth (Wilmington, NC) is close behind in 2nd.
At this point, we already have a “winner” in the pool. Sam Rusak, Jr. (Raleigh, NC) has clinched Last Place, marking the first time in a few years someone who was actually trying to come in last was able to do so. Congratulations, Sam! You get the butt!
Take note of a few things when looking at our reports:
- “Coin Flip” is in 1,088th Place. This is actually a bracket we filled out using the flip of a coin to make the picks.
- “Chalk” is in 619th Place. This is a bracket we filled out picking all of the higher seeds – no exceptions.
- President Obama is in 212th Place. (We entered his picks for him as he was too busy to respond to our invite.)
Gontram Architecture’s version of the traditional office pool is unique:
- Our Pool is FREE – no money, no trouble with the authorities.
- It’s open to anyone. (We don’t encourage folks under 18 yrs old to play, but we don’t object either.) Two years ago, 6 of the top 10 finishers were still in elementary school!
- While we are NOT giving away $1 Billion for the perfect bracket, we do have great prizes from great sponsors, including tablets for the top 3 finishers:
- Microsoft Surface RT from Atlantec Engineers
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.0 from C.E. Ham Electric
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 from Gontram Architecture and G5 Design-Build
- Roku3 from Harris Structural Design.
- $100 Gift Card for Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse from Floorscape NC, Inc.
- Apple iPod Shuffle from Ten Penny Construction, Inc.
- NCAA Flags from WindDesigns – The Flag Shop.
- T-shirts from Gontram Architecture
- Horse’s Butt trophy for Last Place