The “Sweet 16” is complete and Gontram Architecture’s 17th Annual NCAA Basketball Pool is tightening up at the top!
1st and 2nd are unchanged: Currently, Sean Icenhour (Phoenix, AZ) leads the way in 1st Place. Logan Culbreth (Wilmington, NC) is close behind in 2nd.
Gontram Architecture’s Dennis Burns jumped 105 places overnight to land in 5th Place. Other participants need not be concerned, however, as employees of Gontram Architecture are not eligible to win a prize. However, since Dennis has an uber-cool boss, he will receive an equivalent prize if he places.
Take note of a few things when looking at our reports:
- The “Player Scenarios” report is new to this round, and shows the best you can do, the worst you can do, and who to root for.
- “Coin Flip” is in 1,124th Place. This is actually a bracket we filled out using the flip of a coin to make the picks.
- “Chalk” is in 632nd Place. This is a bracket we filled out picking all of the higher seeds – no exceptions.
- President Obama is in 214th Place. (We entered his picks for him as he was too busy to respond to our invite.)
Gontram Architecture’s version of the traditional office pool is unique:
- Our Pool is FREE – no money, no trouble with the authorities.
- It’s open to anyone. (We don’t encourage folks under 18 yrs old to play, but we don’t object either.) Two years ago, 6 of the top 10 finishers were still in elementary school!
- While we are NOT giving away $1 Billion for the perfect bracket, we do have great prizes from great sponsors, including tablets for the top 3 finishers:
- Microsoft Surface RT from Atlantec Engineers
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.0 from C.E. Ham Electric
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 from Gontram Architecture and G5 Design-Build
- Roku3 from Harris Structural Design.
- $100 Gift Card for Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse from Floorscape NC, Inc.
- Apple iPod Shuffle from Ten Penny Construction, Inc.
- NCAA Flags from WindDesigns – The Flag Shop.
- T-shirts from Gontram Architecture
- Horse’s Butt trophy for Last Place