UConn vs. Kentucky. One more game in the 2013-2014 NCAA Men’s Basketball season. That also means that Gontram Architecture’s 17th Annual NCAA Basketball Pool is coming to an end!
Dennis Burns (Raleigh, NC) maintains his grip on 1st Place. He has maxed out his points, so only those that picked Kentucky can unseat him.
Ben Ho (Charlotte, NC) follows in 2nd Place. Jenifer Gold (Raleigh, NC) is close behind in 3rd.
As recently announced, we already have a “winner” in the pool. Sam Rusak, Jr. (Raleigh, NC) has clinched Last Place. Congratulations, Sam! You get the butt!
Take note of a few things when looking at our reports:
- The “Player Scenarios” report shows the best you can do, the worst you can do, and who to root for.
- “Coin Flip” is in 1,128th Place. This is actually a bracket we filled out using the flip of a coin to make the picks.
- “Chalk” is in 643rd Place. This is a bracket we filled out picking all of the higher seeds – no exceptions.
- President Obama is in 240th Place. (We entered his picks for him as he was too busy to respond to our invite.)
Gontram Architecture’s version of the traditional office pool is unique:
- Our Pool is FREE – no money, no trouble with the authorities.
- It’s open to anyone. (We don’t encourage folks under 18 yrs old to play, but we don’t object either.) Two years ago, 6 of the top 10 finishers were still in elementary school!
- While we are NOT giving away $1 Billion for the perfect bracket, we do have great prizes from great sponsors, including tablets for the top 3 finishers:
- Microsoft Surface RT from Atlantec Engineers
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.0 from C.E. Ham Electric
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 from Gontram Architecture and G5 Design-Build
- Roku3 from Harris Structural Design.
- $100 Gift Card for Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse from Floorscape NC, Inc.
- Apple iPod Shuffle from Ten Penny Construction, Inc.
- NCAA Flags from WindDesigns – The Flag Shop.
- T-shirts from Gontram Architecture
- Horse’s Butt trophy for Last Place